Do he got the booty? He doooo.
Okay, in all seriousness, this started out as a back study and it evolved as I thought about my ever evolving headcanons for Cecil Gershwin Palmer. So, without further ado, headcanons and their origin:
- I still believe that Cecil’s appearance codes uniquely towards each person. This is just how I see him,
- His lineage is half Asian (most likely Japanese) and half Native American. These are just two historically abused races in the US. I thought that Night Vale could’ve been a safe haven for tribes when they got kicked off of their land, and when the Japanese were forced into camps themselves, maybe a few escaped and made it here.
- He has several physical ailments, quite probably due to his unknown but lengthy age and his murder(?) by the flickering. His legs are warped from polio (most likely), and he has to use a cane a lot to support his body weight. He is blind as well, though he can “see” through his powers of being the Voice. He also has to use a hearing aide in one ear after a hooded figure took over the station’s air waves and sent screeching feedback through his headphones. The hearing aide in particular is because my younger cousin was born prematurely and has to use hearing aides. Blind is from his name, Cecil, and the polio is because I think he is much, much older than he appears.
- What are the white things? Tattoos of course. Specifically, shibari tattoos that can twist around according to his mood. I went with stylized rope. The white eye shaped things are where tentacles could come out.
- The brown spots on his neck are welts left over from some event he doesn’t know. They feel like a smaller version of his tentacles choked him though… (in my head, he was attacked by the flickering and the wet choking noise was him being choked and forcefed…something)
- Back dimples. :3
- Cecil is androgynous appearing and is a bit genderfluid. He prefers to identify officially as male however.